Inspiration Day!

1.


In the spirit of this weeks "Share Your Studio Saturday" I created an inspiration board for my new studio space. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. Far-better than a plain old cork board!




 I used a cardboard cake tray for the red and pink design. & the rest of the stuff was just lying around the house. It sure is nice having it all in one place. Oh, & I found the giant tacks at Office Max. A friend suggested that they would look really great if they where gold or silver leafed... not the right look for me but if you have the vintage theme going on they would be fabulous!

2.


As a Interior Designer, Homemaker, and crafter I am constantly keeping my eye out for spaces, color themes, and innovative DIY projects that inspire me. I keep a binder with magazine tear outs...over the years my collection has grown - here are a few of my favorites. 
*sorry I can't properly source where these images are from... but to the publishers, photographers, and innovators- Thanks!

3.



These lovely illustrations come from my favorite children's book Alexander And The Magic Mouse, written by Martha Sanders and illustrated by Philippe Fix. This book is my primary inspiration for my first illustrating project.

&.

If you missed last weeks topic on studio organization just click HERE!

Today is also the last day of a Post A Day in May. Im not sure if I'm sad or relieved!?

2 comments:

Margo said...

Love your inspiration board! The colors look great together! Thanks for sharing :-)
Margo

Anonymous said...

Cool inspiration board. Thank you for your comment on my blog the other day :-)