Busy Bumble Bee


As you can see I've been very busy lately
This is the current state of my dinning room table
god forbid I show you the rest of the house!

Trying to get a million different projects pulled together


One of the projects I have been working on is dying faux pearl bead strands
I've always wanted to make jewelry
and when I saw Martha Stewart's segment on dying pearls
I knew I just had to try it!


I can't wait to start adding little trinkets to them :)
It's so fun transforming something cheap into something chic and sweet!


So in the spirt of upcycling I also gave this boring yet solid bookshelf a face lift
I purchased the shelf early this year at my local flea market for $10


This weekend
I cut and applied hundreds of scrapbooking paper scraps to the the shelves
and then painted the entire thing multiple times with tinted glaze


Miller just loves the camera
He is always sticking his goobery nose in the lens
so it didn't take much coaxing to get him to pose for a picture
The shelf will be a perfect display piece for the craft fair
and hopefully I can get better pictures then
It's so HARD to get good photos in Portland's constant state of grey!
Thank goodness for photo editing :)

Well I best get back to work
I plan on revealing 4 new gingerbread houses Wednesday!
ummmm scratch that for sanity sake
I better give myself until friday- sorry!
Happy Week!

Chelsea Ann


8 comments:

icandy... said...

Oh my gosh!!! The dining room table... it looks so yummy! :) Eye~candy at it's best! I also love the shelf re-vamp, you are a very creative lady!
Happy day!
Christina

Elaine from L.A. said...

I was just thinking about you ❤
I'm so excited that you got into the holiday CW!!!
I had a bookshelf like that~~it was for my 1968 World Book Encyclopedias, which I gave away before I moved up here and of course wish I hadn't :~(

Liefgeval said...

Aww the pearls are so pretty! such nice colors! and what a cute dog!

Rose said...

What an awesome idea for dying pearls! I bet you will make them into something really sweet.
And youve turned those shelves into something lovely, it looks great with all of your belongings on it. I love that last photo with your doggy :)

Rose

♥zoe♥ said...

Eeeek....
*EYE CANDY* I can't wait any longer to see your gingerbread house:) I love coming to your blog so much, always make me smile and you did a great transforming!

XOXO
Zoe

sassypackrat said...

Can't wait to see the houses! I LOVE those little houses!

Laura Marie said...

That set of shelves is so gorgeous! ... Oh how i wish i lived near you so i could come over and see all your craftyness first hand :D ...

I'm sorry to hear about the grey sky where you live. Some how, we're having a beautiful autumn in England. My camera is now perminantly in my pocket, just in case :D

Hope you're ok Chelsea Ann :) <3

VĂ©ronique said...

how lucky you are with the bookshelf! just 10 boxes! wow great deal !!!