Like Magic


As many of you might recall
my blog has often been my personal diary
a safe haven to share my thoughts
with understanding friends.
I haven't opened up in quite some time
and for good reason
I am actually taking "happy pills"
I made the decision about 4 months ago
knowing that I needed to try something
before jumping into motherhood.
For as long as I can remember I've been
anxious, and overly emotional.
As excited as I was to become a foster mom
I was worried that I would get in my own way
by allowing my emotions and fears to run our household.
Honestly, I was tired of living in my shoes
I wanted the me that was happy, optimistic, and full of life
not the me that was depressed, anxious,
and to a royal pain in the butt!
I know "happy pills" aren't for everyone
but I swear they have changed my life!!
Oh sure, I still have my moments
but I'm no longer plagued by entire days
of wallowing in self pity and fear!

I hope if you are struggling
you will be brave, and try something new.
I thought that I could get better on my own
I wanted to believe I was bigger than my emotions
but those silly little pills have taught me
that somethings aren't our fault
and there is no shame in asking for help.
Nobody is perfect
We all have our issues...
but don't ever give up on yourself!
I wish there were "magic pills" to heal all our wounds
and fix all of our problems
but no matter what we have each other
and that is the only true MAGIC we need in life.

Have a lovely weekend friends!




6 comments:

Allison Drew said...

You're so brave for sharing. Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

i avoided meds for YEARS and started on them 2 years ago and feel the same way, life changing! glad they are working!

tiffany said...

chelsea ann... such happy news, truly (:
we just came through a little corner of your state, we're planning a trip through (fingers crossed) boise in late july (: t.

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

Hi hun :-)
I am sooo happy that the pills are working for you!! I am not a pill person at all. Refuse to take them. (except the very occasional tylenol etc.) So I don't take "happy pills" I don't think that there is any "shame" in that at all though. I have fought depression my whole life. My whole family fights it. Depression,anxiety etc. are just medical issues like anything else. Society just gives deppression a bad name sometimes,but you just deal with what you have to deal with. Like I said I don't take happy pills(I did when I was a teenager for a bit and I didn't notice any difference really) I do try to eat really healthy though.drink a lot of water. I take a lot of vitamins(especially B vitamins C and D. B vitamins really help nerves. I also take calcium. Calcium is a natural tranqualizer. Calms you down.)They make a world of difference!!!! Even as I am writing this I just feel soooo happy!! :-) I hate taking pills so we just have chewable gummie vitamins(for us and the kids) a multi and calcium ones. I also mix a dropperful of liquid B vitamins and a packet of EmerganC vitamin powder into my fruit smoothie everyday. Tastes great! I totally notice the difference in myself,Jon and the biys when we forget our vitamins.
hugs!!! Britt

Amy said...

Im glad u r doing what was necessary to take care of urself. I've been on "happy pills" since 9/11. And then my brother went to Iraq twice so I needed to stay on them. They really helped me through some tough times. Totally not ashamed. Best of luck to u!

agravette said...

so glad you're doing well! hugs!