A Pretty Mantle, A Messy Home


Who has time for laundry and chores when there is much more fun
to be had crafting, thrifting, and decorating.
Yes, my home is a disaster,
but if you can get past the piles, and the obstacle course
of toys on the ground
then you are very welcome to our happy chaos - our home! 


We tend to showcase our life through a tiny pinhole.
We direct the attention only to that what makes us happy and feel safe.
But I'm hear to say - "Bull****!"
Is your home sparkly clean? Probably not,
well either is mine.
Much like the world of fashion,
bloggers tend to "crop" out the true reality
of what our lives are really like.


This is my life!
These two kiddos are my 24 hour, 7 day a week reality.
Yes they are super cute, and yes I love them to pieces,
but boy howdy are they exhausting.
I'm tired! All the time!
But mostly I'm tired of being upset with myself
for the things I don't get done in a day.


I want need to stop worrying so much about what others think
and start enjoying my life in a fashion that is true to myself.


I know this post is a bit off topic...
but these are the ideas that are rolling around in my silly noggin today.
Tomorrow is the 4th, family will be coming into town, 
and despite my best efforts the house is not nearly ready
WELL SO WHAT!
If you love me - you love my mess!


At least my mantle is pretty, right?

No comments: